Friday, March 6, 2009

Crossing into Gaza

Good morning everyone. My name is Jake Bosley and I am a good friend of Inaya's and supporter of the Gaza Delegation 2009. I received a call from Inaya at about 11:00 am East Coast Time, or about 6:00 pm Egyptian time. She had asked me to relay the message that everyone in her delegation is safe and they have been camping out at the border in Rafah. They have met up with other delegations from Europe and will eventually meet up with Code Pink from Washington D.C. The delegations persistence and determination to help the Palestinian people has paid off and the Egyptian government has allowed them to cross the border into Gaza tonight by 10:00 pm Egyptian time. Israel tends to strike the border in late evening, and last night the border was hit about 7 times by Israeli missiles. Tonight we are hoping for a safe and ‘missile free' crossing. Everyone is getting a firsthand feeling of how the Palestinian people live each day in Gaza. Although nerves are high, the help that they will give will definitely be worth it. Inaya is hoping for a chance to post pictures soon but I will keep everyone posted when information comes in. Thanks to everyone for keeping up with the blog! -Jake

2 comments:

  1. Hello every Body,

    My Name is Ali Abu Afash from Gaza, Palestine, I just meet the Gaza Delegation on our UHWC office in Gaza they leave us at 05:00PM on Gaza Time and you will see them photos on our Site www.gaza-health.org.

    Its nice to meet them....

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone God is with you I wish you safe return. I love you Inaya and I am so proud of you. your aunt sabah

    ReplyDelete